Sunday, July 21, 2013

Big Dog: The Vladamir Putin Comic Strip

It's a surprisingly quiet Sunday morning in the real world but not quiet so quiet online. There's a little something I wrote for The Pangolin over there and I've also managed to finish my strip, which I'm posting here. I think it's an improvement over my last but not good enough to submit to any competition. Comedy never wins anything and I don't think this would even make any shortlist. Looking over it, I can see that I strayed into my preferred territory of slightly strange humour which won't be shared by many people. I need to write something more heartfelt, lacking humour, and with some strong emotional message. Perhaps I'll try to get the gothic tale written and drawn that I mentioned last week. I tried but go nowhere and drew this instead… Perhaps I just don't have it in me to be sincere and serious (see my Elephant in the Room strip for an explanation why). All I know is that this feels like a lot of work just to throw away on a Sunday morning blog post.

Putin1

Putin 2



No comments: